Russia's Tatneft to supply 80,000 tonnes of oil to Belarus in February
Moscow. Transneft has received a provisional application from Tatneft on supply of 80,000 tonnes of oil to Belarus in February, Chief Executive Officer of Russia’s pipeline monopoly Nikolai Tokarev told reporters on Wednesday.
"Only Safmar and Tatneft have applied (for 80,000 tonnes - TASS) in February, which is a provisional application though. It does not necessarily mean that Tatneft will supply those 70,000 tonnes there. I think that the meeting (between Russia and Belarusian presidents - TASS) will be announced shortly, the issue will be clarified," he said.
"However, the situation is frustrating, honestly speaking, as it creates problems both for us and for Belarus," Tokarev noted. Safmar plans oil supplies totaling 250,000 tonnes in February, he added.
Contracts on supplies of Russian oil to Belarus expired on December 31, 2019. The sides have been negotiating their extension since then, failing to agree on the price of deliveries and transportation. Russneft and Neftisa companies controlled by Russian businessman Mikhail Gutseriev resumed oil supplies to Belarus on January 4.
Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko said on February 4 that Minsk is ready to purchase oil from Russia at global prices, adding that the issue of companies’ premiums should be solved.