Rosneft holds annual general meeting of shareholders
Moscow. Rosneft’s Annual General Shareholders Meeting was held in Krasnoyarsk on June 21. Holders of 92.54% of the Company’s shares took part in the meeting.
The Meeting approved the Annual Report, Annual Financial Statements and Profit Distribution of Rosneft for 2017.
The decision was taken to distribute 70.5 billion rubles (6 rubles 65 kopecks per share) for dividends for 2017. The approved dividend amount including dividends for H1 2017 equals 50% of Rosneft’s IFRS shareholder-related net profit.
With reference to H1 2017 dividend payments, the total dividend per share for 2017 is 10 rubles 48 kopecks.
July 2, 2018 is set as a dividend record date. The dividends will be paid to the nominal shareholders and trustees no later than July 16, 2018, and to other shareholders registered in the Shareholders Register no later than August 6, 2018.
Shareholders elected the new Board of Directors consisting of 11 persons, including:
- Andrey Belousov, Aide to the President of the Russian Federation;
- Matthias Warnig, Managing Director of the Nord Stream 2 AG (Switzerland), independent director;
- Oleg Viyugin, Professor of the Department of Finance of the Faculty of Economics of the Federal State Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education “High School of Economics”, independent director;
- Ivan Glasenberg, Chief Executive Officer of Glencore International AG è Glencore plc;
- Robert Dudley, President of BP plc group of companies;
- Guillermo Quintero, member of the Board of Directors of Rosneft Oil Company;
- Alexander Novak, Minister of Energy of the Russian Federation;
- Hans-Joerg Rudloff, representative of the Management Board of Marcuard Holding, independent director;
- Igor Sechin, Chief Executive Officer, Chairman of the Management Board of Rosneft;
- Gerhard Schroeder, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Nord Stream AG (Switzerland), Chairman of Committee of Shareholders of Nord Stream AG (Switzerland), independent director.
The Meeting resolved to elect the Audit Commission consisting of 5 persons, approved Ernst & Young as the auditor of Rosneft, and defined the amount of remuneration of the Board of Directors members and Audit Commission.
Following the results of the Board of Directors meeting that took place on June 21, 2018, Gerhard Schroeder was elected as the Chairman of the Board of Directors.